This one now OUT OF BUSINESS.
CLOSED - VACANT
There looks to be a pattern here.
Strip mall + Saginaw = FAILURE.
Just look at these examples:
Bay Road - Kmart building and strip mall - VACATED (1 tenant)
Bay Road - Old Powerhouse Gym strip mall VACATED (1 tenant)
State Street - Green Acres strip mall (2-3 tenants)
State Street - Walmart Strip mall (3-4 tenants)
A large number of companies found at those locations are now OUT OF BUSINESS.
These strip malls are now only wasted land that makes the area look like a ghost town.
Who owns them? Are they responsible for their downfall?
Why have so many businesses failed in them?
Why do they stay vacant so long?
This is 2nd party store at this location to go under. Its also the longest time the building has been VACANT in 20 years.
KWIK WAY PARTY STORE
MIDLAND ROAD, NEAR STATE STREET
JUNE 2006 UPDATE - THIS PROPERTY RECENTY PURCHASED FROM A REAL ESTATE COMPANY AND IS NOW OPEN - FINALLY!
April 2008 update - BUILDING VACANT AGAIN
We have documented the many Saginaw closings here. But here is a list over only the MOST RECENT CLOSINGS (over last 6 months), and some "risky" predictions too.
- Don Pablos CLOSED (vacant)
- Value City Department Store CLOSED (in process)
- Golden China (bay rd) CLOSED (reoccupied)
- Saginaw Photo (Green Acres) CLOSED (in process)
- American Video (Gratiot) CLOSED (vacant)
- Mid Michigan Music (Bay Road) CLOSED (vacant)
MISCELLANOUS PREDICTIONS FOR 2008
- That drive through Coffee shop on Bay Rd will close.
- The Cash store on Tittabawassee will close.
- New Chinese restaurants will emerge
- Chi Chi's across from the mail will still be vacant.
- 99.9% probability all CHAIN drug stores will remain open.
Updates to follow...
Posted 4/15/06 - Bill Knapps operated here for many years.
It was CLOSED.
Town Cafe later opened, then CLOSED.
UPDATE January 2008
Building torn down to replace it with actually what we need in this town, another Drug store! Yes more top quality high paying jobs for the area (sarcasm)...
|Profitable Photography How to easily start up your own profitable photography business from home, and make $720 in just 3 hours per week part time! Digital Photography Business|